“Poets have tried to describe Ankh-Morpork. They have failed. Perhaps it’s the sheer zestful vitality of the place, or maybe it’s just that a city with a million inhabitants and no sewers is rather robust for poets, who prefer daffodils and no wonder. So let’s just say that Ankh-Morpork is as full of life as an old cheese on a hot day, as loud as a curse in a cathedral, as bright as an oil slick, as colourful as a bruise and as full of activity, industry, bustle and sheer exuberant busyness as a dead dog on a termite mound.”
― Terry Pratchett, Mort
THE THIRD ANNUAL JHB DISCWORLD DAY: 2019 – AN ANKH-MORPORK ADVENTURE
Discover the streets of Ankh-Morpork, the greatest city of the Discworld. A folklorique network of old lanes, squares and alleys for your walking pleasure. Wherre exitement and trolls lurke arounde everry corner and much may be heard the traditional street cries of old time also the laughing visages of the denuizens as they goe about their business private.
LIMITED NO OF TICKETS available from Quicket –
🕶️ ONLY 50 of CHRYSOPRASE’S VIP TICKETS available: R250
🧙 EARLY WIZZARD TICKETS: R50 – only 50 available, only til 3 JUNE
Adults R60 / On the day: R80
Kids under 12 and over 3: R20
Kids under 3: FREE
PARKING: R20 per car
Dogs and unruly luggages to be kept on leashes at all times.
MAP TO VENUE: goo.gl/maps/TkgXqikT9k62
Please note: There is a 1km dirt road to our venue. It is suitable for most normal cars but not for vehicles and brooms with very low suspension.
• Of Gods and Guilds Quest
Enter as a single person or with a team, complete the tasks as laid out for you.
Choose your Guild – Thieves, Assassins or Beggars!
• Fabricati diem, pvnc: test your mettale and train with the City Watch, they are recruiting!
• The presence of beer always greases the rungs of the evolutionary ladder so make sure your Inn-sewer-ants-polly-seas are up to date and join us in The Mended Drum.
• Expect a test of wits, much revelry, singing and many barbarians. (And a wizard’s staff. With a knob on the end.)
• The Discworld Dress Up. Embody your favourite character and be victorious. Win Thynngs.
• Burnt crunchy bits, dwarf bread, rat onna stick and other local delicacies can be found between Harga’s House of Ribs and the Curry Gardens, so weary travellers and brave explorers will not have holes in their tummies. Keep an eye out for Cut-me-own-Throat Dibbler.
• Workshops with your favourite characters! Build thyngs. Decorate other thyngs! (No elephants)
All guilds are welcome, so if you fancy yourself as an artificer, a seamstress, an assassin or a clown, you’ll be sure to be in good company!