R12 500 per person – CAPE TOWN BASED Courses
R13 500 per person – INLAND Courses
Course Fee includes:
• a start-up toolbox to the minimum value of R3 500
• all material for product manufacturing
• products completed on course are yours to take home
• light lunch and refreshments
email@example.com / 063 306 1779
Our courses will challenge you to unleash your creativity. No previous experience required! By the end of this five-day course you will be amazed at what you have accomplished. You will be the proud owner manufacturer of a superior quality leather belt and bag, every hole punched and stitched by hand.
Suitable for complete beginners, serious crafters and entrepreneurs.
This course is jam-packed, hard work and very rewarding.
To provide practical and hands-on training that will equip each participant with the basic skills, knowledge, information and a set of start-up tools that will enable them to practice the rewarding art of hand stitched leather crafting and proceed with manufacturing directly after completion of this course.
To personally connect with each participant and to offer the best possible experience.
To empower people, to awaken creativity and promote both traditional and contemporary leather crafting.
KEY AREAS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to leather types and leather care;
• Practical use and maintenance of hand tools;
• Hand-stitching techniques;
• Dyeing techniques – hand and air brush;
• Product and Pattern Design;
o Standard Hand Bag or
o Tote bag or
o Back Pack;
• Supplier information;
INCLUDED IN THE TOOLBOX
• Clicker Knife
• Hole Punch Set
• Rivet Setter
• Sharpening Block
• Slit Cutter Set
• Stitch Setter
• Stitching Chisels x 6
• Stitching Pony
• Punching Block
• Smalls: Cutting Rounds, Set of three Glue brushes, 2 sets of
Saddlers Harness Needles, Thread Nipper, Lighter, Silver
Leather Marking Pen, Spring Clamps.
• Stationery: Note Book, Pencil, Sharpener, Eraser
• Supplier List
• Patterns in addition to the items manufactured
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• 50% deposit upon registration;
• Balance 10 days prior to course commencement date;
• Bookings are secured on a first come first served principle;